image_pdfimage_print
View Post

How do we make Hackathons more Inclusive?

One of the things that I do as part of a technology community event organizer and contributor is to try to introduce new things to each community.  Reducing the echo chamber effect is one if the better ways to grow the skills of the members and also increases the ability to bring in new people into the group.  Many of …

View Post

R.I.P. Email Game – How to Keep the Email Productivity Up Without it

If you’re followed some of my previous posts around personal productivity, you may have seen that I am a huge fan of The Email Game from Baydin.  It’s also important to know that the goal of why I use the email game is not zero email.  It’s about moving more productively through email and the tasks and projects that come …

View Post

We’ve come a long way, internet

How many of these products did you use in your time? I’m betting that we have seen a lot of time spent by you and I in these along the way. I remember when an “web log” became a blog. Seeing early websites as .net because they thought that .com implied “commerce” was a thing. This is a nifty look …

View Post

New Day’s Resolution – Daily versus Yearly Goal Setting

New Year’s celebrations are around the corner. This is also the time where people try to set BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) and mark January 1st as the first day on a path towards them. Here’s the catch: this is the worst possible way to do goal setting! Why do New Year’s resolutions feel so good, yet they also fail …