An awesome and humbling honor: Being a Cisco Champion

This has been a really incredible year among the IT community for me. As a newly recognized entrant in the Top Virtualization Blogs in 2013 (Thank you to Eric Siebert and my awesome readers!), and a freshly minted vExpert (thanks to John Troyer, Corey Romero and this great peer community!), I am excited to also … Read more

Why you need to be watching Tech Field Day

There are literally hundreds upon thousands of resources for information and learning in the technology ecosystem. That is an understatement really, but my point is that we have an incredible amount of great technical information being shared for all to see. What we do have a challenge with sometimes is separating the wheat from the … Read more

Toronto VMUG 11/13 recap: Nutanix, CiRBA and vCO with Mike Preston

It was a chilly day, but we were kept warm among the awesome VMUG community today at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. As our last half-day session for 2013, this was a nice way to wind down a spectacular year and once again Angelo LucianiĀ (@AngeloLuciani) let our team and produced a great lineup of technology … Read more

VMUG Mentoring – Putting the User Back in VMware User Group

Before we begin I need to thank Scott Lowe for the post which inspired a great response (http://blog.scottlowe.org/2013/09/18/putting-the-user-back-in-vmware-user-group/). This is an amazing initiative to really put the concentration of effort into the attendees and what they wish to get out of it. One of the best ways that we can promote community among these groups … Read more